Social

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mobile Gaming: Rule the Kingdom

Rule the Kingdom from GameInsight is available for free on idevices, Android, Windows, and Facebook.  Knowing my love of the RPG genre and games focused on questing I downloaded it to my Windows 8 tablet as soon as it became available.

The game is charming but it suffers from what I consider a fatal flaw: over monetization.  It is possible to play the game and not spend a cent but to do so you would have to have the patience of a saint.  Seriously, should your character die you have to flee to the castle and wait on hour before your can resume playing or your need to spend real world money to continue playing.  While I don’t mind spending money on good games, I do mind when every possible action almost in a title is possible to complete with cash.

So, while charming it isn’t going to get a recommendation from me despite the wide number of platforms the game is available on.  I would much rather have a small purchase price associated with a mobile game than have every move in the game monetized.  If you have children, then this game is a definite pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment