Social

Monday, September 9, 2013

World of Warcraft: Pre-Patch 5.4 Regrets?

WoWScrnShot_081513_145206

As we all know, barring a shocking announcement today, Patch 5.4 lands on World of Warcraft Live servers tomorrow when maintenance concludes.  As I lay there last night having trouble falling asleep, I began to have the stirrings of regret that I got lazy and didn’t pound out those last eighteen levels so I could experience the opening of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms from the Horde’s perspective.  There is just something about your character experiencing those pivotal moments in game.

Don’t misunderstand me, I think Blizzard is taking the right path when the Patch launches tomorrow.  I think the actions of Garrosh and his never ending bloodlust should have a dramatic and lasting, un-phased, impact on the world.  I will also admit I started raiding, although the “hardcore”, elite raiders won’t consider it raiding, using the LFR simply so I could gear up characters to kill Garrosh. 

WoWScrnShot_081613_100355

My Horde characters will be getting almost equal playtime as my Alliance characters, especially once she hits level 90 and I can get her over to Timeless Isle to gear up.  I’m torn though, between enjoying the Horde story lines in Wrath and Cataclysm to racing to level her.  But, I know myself well, and I won’t race to the end.  It isn’t a play style I enjoy or respect.  I don’t play to sit at max level for months to years on end and then go back and breeze through content because I vastly out level it. 

Do you have any regrets for things your characters didn’t accomplish before Patch 5.4 hits?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment