Social

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Everquest 2: SOE Live, Boosting, & Bugs

EQ2_000030

We decided to attend SOE Live, formerly Fan Faire, this week and are looking forward to a vacation.  Hubby managed to take time off in the middle of summer and a busy time for him so we are combining multiple celebrations into one trip (my birthday, his belated birthday, vacation in general, and our upcoming ten year anniversary).  We are both low key about celebrations and we generally have a horrible track record with vacations (usually they turn into unmitigated disasters).  So, we aren’t making a big deal out of this trip rather, it’s just a long weekend away.

That being said, I decided that since I do the blogging in the family and we are going to a gaming convention I should get at least one character in Everquest 2 to max level.  I have a pack of characters between 20 and 37 and two between 60 and 61 and there are only two characters that have level appropriate Alternate Advancement Points. 

So, I had to decide do I boost a character or do I earn my levels honestly?  I picked my favorite characters to play and tried out each class at level 85, the level you can boost to, and decided from there.  Ultimately, I decided to earn my levels rather than skip the very thing I love about EQ2 the lore and stories it tells.

EQ2_000033

I decided to play my Templar to level.  She’s the character closest to my heart and although she was only at level 34 and 15 AA points behind where I liked, she’s still my pick.  Luckily, her crafting is high enough that she can use a glider already and shortly she will be able to fly.  I completely suck at glider maneuvering and usually steer myself into a sticky situation.  Hubby graciously tried to use Call of the Veteran to port me into Neriak to pick up the Shadowknight mercenary.  Unfortunately, CoV was once again being buggy and frustrating, so he sacrificed himself to the epic gate guards as I ran in behind him. 

Seriously, the placement of just those two mercenaries compared to all the others is bad.  If you are a good characters without a guild or friends to assist, good luck getting the best tank that isn’t a veteran reward or Collector’s Edition.  I wish they’d make CE mercs available for loyalty points when the next expansion comes out.  I’m praying that the 10 year vet mercs become available for loyalty points once the 11 year vet rewards are announced. 

Maintenance should be completed and my coffee is brewed, enjoy your gaming day!

No comments:

Post a Comment