Social

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back to Middle Earth

New pc’s, post and pictures tomorrow, and I fired up Lord of the Rings Online this morning.  What I thought was going to be a quick stop over in Middle Earth turned into an all day trip and a three month sub. Smile  The improved performance from my old machine to the new has made the game completely different for me.  I was easily pulling 200 fps in places and 125 fps in Bree.  Before I was lucky to break 30 fps in town so you can understand my pleasure.  I only had very slight rubber-banding issues. 

However, Landroval is still very much Landroval.  Sad smile  I don’t mind RP so long as it doesn’t infringe on other people’s game.  And honestly, how does playing AC/DC on the lute in the Prancing Pony come remotely close to immersive role play?  Yes, I understand that Landroval is the “unofficial” role playing server but that doesn’t mean their role playing is entitled to break another players immersion in the environment.  Gee can you tell that the type, quantity, and quality of role playing on Landroval irritates me to no end?

We started new characters on Darrowdelf to play with a couple we meet on The Secret World forums.  Server seems good, far less populated that Landroval.  It will be interesting to see if the economy is as good.  I’m sure I will still go back to my Landroval characters, first love and all that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment