Social

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Secret War Week 2

As many of you probably know, The Secret War has entered it’s second week over at The Secret World.  This week faction challenges were added as a component of winning the war.

Hubby finally got me to play it last week.  I’m still very ambivalent about the entire concept of marketing through Facebook games like this.  The amount of spam, well I consider it spam, the game sends out to the Facebook accounts of your friends is mind boggling.  Luckily, no one knows I have a Facebook account so they aren’t being buried by the posts.  However, it is also a really ingenious method of getting people to spread the word to other people without having millions invested in traditional marketing methods. 

However, given the declining popularity of Facebook it is a big risk on Funcom’s part.  Personally, I think they need to branch out the marketing campaign a bit if they want huge numbers at launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment