Social

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Having a Blast

Screenshot_2013-05-25_07_36_28_844489

It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for a good story, be it in a book, a game, or a performance, and the one thing Bioware has consistently provided over the years are great and compelling stories.  I’m back playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, SWTOR, (no surprises there at all) and loving the stories once again, even the Consular story line which so irritated me into taking a break earlier in the year.   

When I resubbed about two weeks ago I was in a PvP frame of mind, and still in am honestly.  I had heard so many complaints and horror stories about the PvP in SWTOR that I was reluctant but bit the bullet and jumped right in.  It was a blast!  Seriously why do people bitch and moan like preschoolers that just had their balls taken away?  Maps are fun, wide range of skill levels makes for challenges, and there are decent rewards.  Seriously I don’t fathom why there is so much angst about the state of PvP in SWTOR.  Yes you aren’t going to be at the top of the damage or healing charts if you are in the lower half level wise of your bracket.  But really who cares?  It grants you experience, credits, commendations, and is a break from questing.  The PvP gear doesn’t take a lot of commendations to acquire either. 

I played the WOW version of Huttball (Temple of Kotmogu).  Huttball is superior in EVERY way.  There is no one shotting members of the opposing team, which was consistently my experience in Temple of Kotmogu.  The commentary in Huttball amuses me to no end also.

So, if you haven’t given PvP a go in SWTOR, then jump on in and experience it yourself.  Remember having fun and helping your team be successful is far more important than topping some meaningless chart in a match.

No comments:

Post a Comment