Social

Friday, May 10, 2013

Defiance: The Show & The Game

Season2_0[1]

SyFy announced this morning that Defiance has been renewed for a second season.  This means for all of you enjoying the space Western set in a much different St. Louis area, the fun and alien mayhem will continue next year.

We played the Defiance beta, and truthfully I never expected to go back and give the game another try.  Hubby bought it the week it was released and he has a blast when he has time to play.  He convinced me to give it another go this week and I’m glad I did.  There is now a decent tutorial and much more immersive lore as to who, what, and why.  In fact, the lore has been improved so much in-game that it has made the television series much more interesting to me. 

I’m not going to lie, I die A LOT.  No seriously, A LOT of dying and right now I seem to be stuck at one particular extraction point which is just irritating.  However, hubby has promised to roll a new character and help me figure stuff out.  I’m horrible at shooters and this is my first shooter on the computer.  To say it’s challenging would be an understatement but it’s an enjoyable challenge and a very nice break from high fantasy games.

No comments:

Post a Comment