Social

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

World of Warcraft: Burdens of Shaohao Prelude: The Vision

 

World of Warcraft has released a stunning new series further documenting and solidifying the lore for Pandaria.  I was blown away by the video.  It is stunning in it's simplicity and art direction.  It begins the beautiful tale of the last emperor of the Pandarian.

I may not be playing WOW any longer, but the truth is I love the lore behind WOW.  Particularly late because of much of the lore is available outside of the game and I can consume it at my own pace.  I think this was a wise move on Blizzard's part a couple of years ago.  Video games come and go from our lives like waves, some waves we ride a little longer and some waves crash upon the beach violently.  I may no longer be interested in the grind of MMO's but the lore and stories Blizzard is telling outside of the game I find fascinating and engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment