Social

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Secret World: Loving It

Pippa_picture010

I admit it, when The Secret World was in beta and then released I was not happy, to put it mildly, with character creation options or the clothing choices available.  Time has greatly improved the later and the former is still problematic but in this case clothing choices can completely compensate for crappy character customization. 

I fired up TSW over the long weekend and was more than pleasantly surprised to discover DRESSES in the cash shop.  My accumulated currency was quickly exhausted as I went on an account wide shopping spree.  Pippa is modeling a couple of the looks as she explores the Savage Coast.

Pippa_picture011

My preppy heart is thrilled and better yet there are female clothing options that don’t scream “WHORE”.  I am having a blast running around the Savage Coast.

Pippa_picture012

Anyone who knows me, knows I would so totally wear the above outfit in real life without even thinking about it twice.  In fact I have a much loved pair of pink slippers.  And as for the blue-gloved, highly creepy but oh so incredibly interesting NPC standing next to me, I am loving his story and missions.  Hayden Montag is the current headmaster of the Innsmouth Academy and to say that there is something of a magical problem is an understatement! 

Pippa_picture014

Again yet another outfit I would consider in real life, so yeah I’d prefer a longer hemline and a more structured built-in bra but this dress is fabulous.  And those green shoes, would totally wear those with anything.  Still hanging out at the Innsmouth Academy for this shot, taking my time and enjoying missions that require me to think to successfully complete them.  But as you can tell, apparently my character is more concerned about her fingernails than the horde of familiars in the room behind me waiting for their chance to try and kill me.  Hey, don’t judge those familiars leave GOO under my nails!

Pippa_picture015

I admit it, I bought the sea pirate costume for Pippa.  It was cute and seasonal and let’s be honest, I’m looking forward to playing Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag when the Xbox One arrives on the 22nd and so I was completely inspired by that.  Pippa is a Templar which just blends in perfectly to her homage to AC:IV.  

TSW is a thinking MMO, don’t fire it up when you are tired or cranky because frankly you just won’t have fun.  However, when you need to get your brain cells firing on all cylinders or want a good old fashioned scare or just want to be creeped out, than fire up TSW and experience the awesomeness for yourself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment