Social

Monday, July 14, 2014

Everquest 2: Double Experience Weekend

EQ2_000011

Everquest 2 had a double experience weekend and while I didn’t manage to hit max level, I’m fine with my leveling experience.  Hubby hit 90 yesterday and we went up to SkyShrine (SS) and did one of the solo instances together and then went and hung out in the public zone for a bit.  Hubby also found and hired the elite merc that hangs out in the Withered Lands on Saturday!

The SS solo zone was fun, not super challenging with a Paladin and Templar pair up to be honest.  We manage to do enough damage with very little healing to finish the timed run well under the proscribed time.  Then we went over to the public zone with mercenaries out and that was much more challenging.  We didn’t necessarily kill groups of three to four quickly but they did die, well that is until a group of two spawned on top of us as we were killing a group of four.

I spent most of the weekend in the Withered Lands questing.  I did however finish up the Gathering Obsession quest chain and hired Qho as a mercenary.  I fully expected to enjoy getting him killed but the little brat grew up into a GRAND mercenary.  No really, he is quiet unlike Daeron, holds aggro, pumps out the dps, and made my Sunday of gameplay quite enjoyable.

I wish they would open questing up in the Withered Lands at 89 rather than 90.  The content isn’t challenging with Legendary gear equipped at 90 and most of the gear is crap compared to what can be crafted or obtained from the broker.  That complaint said, I’ve enjoyed the questing in Withered Lands immensely.  Great story line and I appreciated the satyr storyline, it was nice to see satyr’s portrayed as benevolent rather than evil like most games.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment