Social

Monday, July 28, 2014

Everquest 2: Wherein I Confess my Lore OCD

EQ2_000048

When I decided to try and level a character to 95 before we left for SOELive without boosting, it was because I know myself very well.  I would feel guilty about the fifty levels I skipped and I would have missed out on all those wonderful places and stories between level 35 and level 85.  Knowing this, I boosted anyway and had a blast questing and exploring with my husband and gaming partner.  We hit level 95 late Saturday afternoon and by the time I logged back in on Sunday morning I was in a foul and irritable mood.  It wasn’t the game, the guild, or the decision it was me.

I was being given quests to go do such and such with presumptions being that I had finished all the relative quests.  I have no idea what happened in the Cobalt Scar or why there are dead gods.  It literally made my brain hurt and I was grumpy and out of sorts most of the day.  I spent a lot of time Sunday grumbling and switching between characters rather than being focused on Benedicta getting caught up on the current expansion.

EQ2_000040

I logged in this morning and finished getting the Tinkered Mercenaries on the rest of my characters, which meant a lot of my characters spent money with the lovely Fae Linguist (pictured above) learning racial  languages to ensure they all spoke Gnomish before landing at Gnomeland Security.  I then proceeded to log onto Benedicta and took her back to Obol Plains to finish the Signature Quest line there.  It made for a much more peaceful day and I understood what is happening in the Vesspyr Isles more now.  Hubby meanwhile, does not suffer from lore OCD and he quested through VI enjoying himself immensely.

He did High Keep today and I got to listen to him chortle and stop and relay memories from Everquest.  Thank you to the developers who brought a huge smile to his face today.  I have no fond memories from the first game, since I never played the game, but I am looking forward to High Keep tomorrow. 

I am kicking around an idea in my head about documenting interesting lore tidbits as I run across them while questing.  The lore on the wikia site is sketchy and missing in large parts, i.e. game update lore is just plain not there.  A lot of great story and tidbits get missed by new and returning players because of the vast amount of choices and story lines that are present in the game.

My lore OCD is back under control, now that I have a plan and thus I can play and enjoy Everquest 2 at a pace I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment