Social

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Aww Crap

 

front610

Ok, this, The Elder Scrolls Online, is going to be truly amazing or truly awful an Elder Scrolls MMO.  I LOVED Oblivion and HATED Skyrim with a passion.  I’m very pleased to learn that the MMO is set a millennium before Skyrim.  That means the world created in Elder Scrolls will make sense and won’t be full of the dark, racist crap that was Skyrim.  I started gaming long after Morrowind was released and I tried to play it several times.  I can’t get past the graphics unfortunately, but I love the story.  Hubby played and loved Morrowind however. 

We both hated Skyrim after more than 30 hours of game play.  The Dark Brotherhood lost it’s focus, the Thieves Guild was pathetic, and the Nords turned into a community of xenophobes.  Heck even the Imperial were pathetic in Skyrim.  Hubby finished the game but I haven’t yet.  Killing the never ending stream of dragons was old and boring after a while, and no challenge.  And another pet peeve of mine … the OVER simplification and leveling in Skyrim was out of control.  Seriously, crafting gains you experience levels? 

So yes, I hate Skyrim and I love the Elder Scrolls franchise.  I’m hopeful that the developers, who thankfully are NOT associated with Skyrim, do not follow the mistakes made in the game.  At this point, despite it’s proposed release date of 2013, I’m taking a wait and see attitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment