Social

Monday, December 23, 2013

Beta: Project Spark First Impressions

When Project Spark was announced at E3 this summer I was floored.  I signed up for the beta as soon as they started accepting applications.  This afternoon I got my beta invite and downloaded the game immediately.

I have never been into building games, so I have a clean slate when it comes to experience and intuitive tools.  First impression is mostly positive.  World s gorgeous and immersive.  The ability to create what I want, how I want is the draw. 

untitled (2)

There are a large variety of pre-created items to place in the environment you create.  Everything from the background sounds to the way fish interact with the environment.  However, the only thing you can create from your imagination is the environment itself and then only within the color palette and terrains provided or you’ve purchased.  There is no ability, at least so far, to create your own houses or building structures and no way to go inside that I have discovered.

untitled (3)

Trees and just about everything else can be recolored to suit your fancy.  However, once again the shape and style of trees, etc. is limited to what is available for free or purchase.  There is a very Seussian sense about the world, I find charming. 

I will continue to explore the world in beta.  I’m not sure it will be everything I wanted it to be.  Time may change that initial judgment and I definitely think the couple of hours I spent exploring today mean the game deserves more play time.

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

  1. Paartherapie Clinical tests discover that 70-75% of lovers go via distress for you to healing as well as about 90% indicate substantial advancements

    ReplyDelete