Social

Monday, December 16, 2013

World of Warcraft: Nostalgia and Love

WoWScrnShot_121613_071755

I was struck with a case of nostalgia last night as Taalina began to level through Ashenvale.  Darkshore and Ashenvale were the first places outside of the starting zone I ever leveled, and how those places have changed.  Penelope, my first character, did a brief fly though this morning.  I know all this scenery and questing changed with the release of Cataclysm three years ago but this is really the first time I’ve extensively quested through the zones.  Cataclysm was the first expansion release I ever experienced to be honest, since I started playing shortly after the release of Wrath. 

WoWScrnShot_121613_072312

Unfortunately, when I originally played through these two zone with my husband I wasn’t taking screenshots, heck I doubt I even knew how to take a screenshot back then!  I hit the coast line of Ashenvale last night and the Zoram Strand instantly smacked me with a strong wave of nostalgia.  I remember playing with my husband killing Naga and not understanding why he was so upset when he “missed” or why he was so frustrated when I pulled critters off of him.  I was a complete noob and he had the patience of a saint.

WoWScrnShot_121613_072540

The memories are all good ones however.  Even if the beauty that is Ashenvale is currently being destroyed by the Horde, I will always smile and remember how deeply my husband loves me because of these memories.  The landscape and our play styles may have changed over the years, but these first few months when he introduced me to MMO’s are a precious memory I cherish.

1 comment: