Social

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2: Hall of Monuments and Stories

Unexpectedly suffering from symptoms of, “When can I log into Guild Wars 2 again?”, I logged into Guild Wars this afternoon.  Admittedly prompted in part by the blog posting concerning the quickest way to get 30 points for The Hall of Monuments.

I haven’t seriously played any of my Guild Wars characters in over two years and boy howdy, did I get my butt kicked today in The Eye of North.  With a 40% death penalty, I decided I was more than happy with the six pieces of armor I’ve already acquired for Guild Wars 2

On much more enjoyable notes, two other blog interests of note were published the last two days.  The first one details how to reserve your Guild Wars character names for Guild Wars 2.  The process is simple, log into your Guild Wars account on or before July 31.  It is very simple and quick if you are attached to your Guild Wars names.

asura-03b

The second blog posting is much more interesting.  It details the three types of story lines in Guild Wars 2 and how those stories intertwine.  There is the global story, the personal story, and the saga of the iconics.  The Global Story is the story of Tyria and the awakening of the Elder Dragons and their impact on the world at large.  The Personal Story details the impact of your character in Tyria.  Saga of the Iconics details the story of the iconic hero you meet very early in your personal story and how that relationship goes evolves from mentor to ally.  The five iconics were all once allies, friends, and suffered the same tragedy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment