Social

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lifestyle: Infomercial Virgin No Longer

Last Sunday was a lazy Sunday here and when we turned on the television to veg out an infomercial was on for vacuums.  I normally mock those things and we quickly change the channel, however I was transfixed.  There before me was the vacuum I kept waiting for someone to make.  I was probably pretty close to drooling to be honest, hubby was laughing at me something fierce.  But can you blame me?  The vacuum on television was sucking up dust and crap while being maneuverable and adaptable at the same time.  And I’m frugal enough to admit that I will not pay over $500 bucks for a vacuum given the amount of pet hair that accumulates quickly here.

So we ordered the vacuum and I thereby lost my infomercial virginity.  My Shark Rotator arrived on Thursday afternoon.  I am thrilled.  The amount of dust it picks up is amazing and it’s taking me less time to vacuum the same area.  The best thing is that the unit is sealed.  No dust particles or dander escapes while vacuuming or when I empty the canister.  I can honestly say that no other vacuum I’ve used in the last decade plus has come close to the performance of the Rotator.

Now what does all this have to do with gaming you might be wondering?

 R4-E1_-_SWGTCG

Well, somehow my new vacuum looks eerily similar to a R4-E1 droid, a fact pointed out by hubby rather quickly.  So my new speedy, maneuverable, new vacuum is a droid that let’s me getting back to gaming faster and in a much cleaner and healthier environment.  And with two dogs, one cat, and a macaw anything that helps me get a handle on pet hair, dander, and bird feathers is a welcomed addition to my cleaning arsenal.

Losing my infomercial virginity has made my life easier and my family healthier.  Thank heavens for lazy Sunday’s!

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment