Social

Friday, October 19, 2012

Rift: Storm Legion Beta

2012-10-19_104017 SL beta dimension 1

Last night we both got beta keys to Storm Legion.  I was excited to try it out because housing was coming.  When they announced the beta open and the NDA lifted this morning, I logged on eagerly.  Once I looked at the new souls, which look interesting I’ll be honest, I hopped over to my first dimension (aka player housing). 

When a game tells you there is going to be housing do you expect something more than a cave or a wee hut and a decent size front yard?  If so, DO NOT purchase Storm Legion. 

2012-10-19_103703 SL beta dimensions

The above is basically all there is of one of the dimensions I previewed.  Sure there are beautiful scenes out your “front door” but there is squat else.  Oh big whoop I can put a dining room table outdoors so that I can have my dinner guests interrupted by a rift.  Ok, I don’t know if rifts actually spawn in dimensions but that’s what it felt like. 

2012-10-19_103409 SL beta dimension

It doesn’t feel like any place any of my characters would call home.  It feels like an after thought, tacked onto the expansion to draw in new and returning players who love player housing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment