Social

Friday, January 25, 2013

Firefall: Beta Weekend

Firefall beta began this morning and I promptly logged in to try it out.  Half an hour after beta began, my computer is uninstalling the game.  I have little patience for betas that can’t grab and hold my interest in the first five to ten minutes, and when the character creation is limited that time is even less.  With two face options and three hair styles, I knew my interest in the game was going to be short lived.

The game was sluggish, yeah alright it is a beta but it is a beta Red 5 Studios deemed worthy of opening to the public for 48 hours, so servers should have been far more responsive then they were.  The graphics are over the top large, cartoonish, and awful.  Artwork leaves a lot to be desired.  The voice acting I heard was awful, really one of the first voices you throw at me is a barely understandable Russian?  By the time the tutorial forced me to buy a new class and equip it, I had enough.  Option menu is difficult to read, and a convulsed mess. 

If I want a MMO that is also a shooter, I can go play far more polished released, or about to be released, games like Planetside2 and Defiance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment