Social

Monday, November 26, 2012

Console Gaming: First Impressions are sometimes wrong

E3_04

So I tweaked my back and sitting at my desk today just wasn’t going to happen, so I popped in The Witcher 2 and the Game of Thrones for the Xbox 360.  Short review, they both SUCKED and thank god for Gamefly!  Seriously, I was mildly interested in Game of Thrones and seriously looking forward to The Witcher 2.

And then I started the game, I found myself bored to tears trying to stay awake and play Witcher.  Finally, i succumb and switch things up and put Thrones in the Xbox.  It started much better but I was quickly bored with too.  Both games are being returned to Gamefly in the morning and I am eternally grateful that $120 bucks wasn’t wasted on those two crap games.

 

Epic-Mickey-2-Splash-Image1

We had two demos I wanted to try Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two and Fable 3.  I had tried Fable 3 when the game came out and hated it.  I didn’t make it through 20 minutes of game play and I couldn’t explain why.  I loved the demo today and we’ve downloaded the game via Xbox.  Hubby is playing as I type this and I’m quite sure I will be playing tonight if I can’t sleep.

Epic Mickey is AWESOME, platforming Disney greatness.  This is definitely one we will be purchasing from Gamefly when we get the disc.  Mickey painting and the cuteness factor is off the scale. 

First impressions are rarely wrong in my experience, but I am most thankful that I gave Fable 3 another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment