Social

Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Madness has begun …

EQ2_000022

Who can resist a goblin that hands out gifts or participating in theater events staged by hobbits?  Not I, so it has officially begun, my gaming time is almost completely focused around holiday events at the moment.  Everquest 2 and the multitude of Frostfell quests have me opening every present box I see in search of the ever elusive orange rind.  I have enjoyed every single holiday themed quest I’ve completed.  Admittedly I have skipped the crafting instance quests, mainly solely because they are non-intuitive and I just don’t want to expend the patience for 10 tokens.  I’d much rather quest for multiple trees and sleighs, and plushies for houses than figure out one poorly designed quest chain.

Lord of the Rings Online begun their holiday festivities after maintenance today.  Once I managed to pick my jaw up off the ground over the beautifully redone cities of Bree and Archet, I made my way to Winter Home.

We decided to switch servers in LOTRO today officially.  Landroval has seen a severe decrease in population since Spring Festival and it feels barren and dismal.  Darrowdelf by contrast is bustling and never feels empty.  Luckily the highest level character either of us has on Landroval is only level 30.  The cosmetics and mounts will be missed but we will both probably transfer over one character someday.  Besides, it’s not like cosmetics and mounts are difficult to come by in LOTRO.

Here are the first scenes from Winter Home this year:

The barter vendors have me drooling.  I would gladly spend points in the cash shop if I could purchase additional festival tokens that way.  I will definitely be sharing when I acquire a full set of gear.  I know there are numerous blogs and websites solely dedicated to LOTRO fashion, but when the appearance armor is so well done and versatile it is understandable why there are so many sites.

Off I go, back to holiday gaming …

No comments:

Post a Comment