Social

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

World of Warcraft: AMA Reddit and Our 100th Post

WoWScrnShot_091212_125525

When Cataclysm released in 2010 and I first got a glimpse of the camel mount, I instantly had to have it.  Well, today was that day!  I am now the proud owner of both camels and my grin was just a large as the grin on the camel’s face.  Yes, I realize it probably means nothing to anyone else but it made my morning today!  And my day only got better when my priest started doing heroics and she wasn’t at the bottom of the meters.  Of course, I got into the End of Time and was completely clueless about what was going on.  Time to do some reading on all those instances I haven’t done.

This post is our 100th since launching the blog and website in April this year.  It’s been an interesting adventure so far.  When we started the blog and website we didn’t anticipate that I’d be playing WOW again and he would be dabbling in a couple of games.  There have been two great disappointments since April, The Secret World and Guild Wars 2, but luckily these have been offset by pleasant discoveries like Rift and familiar games like Everquest 2 and Lord of the Rings Online.

Yesterday, a cast of developers held an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit.  WOW has posted a transcript of the question and answer session.  There are many interesting answers and I will let individual readers pull out what interests them most of all.  I know for me, the answers solidified my interest in Mists of Pandaria.  Not because I’m dying to play a chubby Panda bear monk, but rather because it seems to be a return to lore based questing and the importance of story.  Although, I will roll three Pandarean characters: a monk, a rogue, and a yet to be determined Horde class.

Yes, I was incredibly disappointed with Cataclysm when it released two years ago.  It was my first expansion for WOW and the story seemed to take a back seat.  There were and are interesting stories to be found in Cataclysm quests, but they are sometimes very disjointed or occur so late in a zone that you have out-leveled the quests long before you acquire them.  I’m not getting my hopes up the Mists will be “perfect” but I anticipate a better questing experience than Cataclysm.

I’ve made a decision about Mists.  I’m going to level at my pace.  I’m planning on enjoying the story, the scenery, and the factions.  I’m not interested in the treadmill gear grind.  The get-it and replace-it game is never ending and doesn’t hold my interest.  I would much rather play my way and enjoy myself.  Yes, I know it is unfathomable that people play WOW for the story but I’m one of those oddities.  In fact, that was one of my favorite tidbits from yesterday’s Reddit, the next novel will be released for patch 5.1 and will focus on Vol’Jin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment