Social

Monday, September 24, 2012

World of Warcraft: The Wanderer’s Way

ss-lilis-journal-01-large

From the mouth of babes, from the opening lines of LiLi’s Journal:

Entry One: Back to the Basics
                   
       I decided to explore my home using the Wanderer's Way, a philosophy that Uncle Chen has written a lot about in his missives. Basically it means to take each journey one step at a time, observe everything around you, speak to everyone you meet, and soak in all the details.

How prophetic that one small, child NPC accurately summarizes all that drives me batty with WOW.  Honestly, it is the one thing I am determined to avoid this expansion.  I am not rushing to the end game nor am I giving my new characters heirloom gear; heck I’d even turn off guild experience bonuses if I could.  I want to enjoy the story, the scenery, the experience without rushing to max level and then sitting there for years regretting the decision. 

Yes, we will miss out on the out-of control prices and price gouging on the Auction House as gear and raw material prices skyrocket.  But then again, so what?  Gold isn’t all that difficult to earn and it surely beats the competitive drive to try and obtain a realm or world first.  I’m going to go at my own pace. 

What am I looking forward to when the expansion launches tonight? 

  • Lorewalkers: Seriously story driven faction is what I’m all about
  • Order of the Cloud Serpent: mounts, pets, and Jewelcrafing mounts all require their faction which has me super intrigued
  • End game content driven by progressive story
  • Chubby characters in the form of pandas – the pandas are cute but it will finally be SWEET to see characters who aren’t emaciated or super skinny
  • Scenarios – although after the debacle that was Fall of Theramore I hold out very little hope that these will be nothing more than zerg runs for Valor Points and not about telling a story and taking content at a reasonable pace to experience said stories – but I am more than open to Blizzard proving me wrong
  • New and truly awesome hunter pets to find, tame, and add to the stable … BTW, WANT TO BUY MORE STABLE SLOTS!

Just a couple of things to look forward too at our, and your, own pace.  So, relax and follow LiLi’s advice and explore Pandaria and the environment while remember to stop and have a life outside of Azeroth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment