Social

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria First Impressions

WoWScrnShot_092512_045251

We went to bed at normal time last night, and so thankfully I think we missed a lot of hysteria in the opening couple of hours of the expansion.  However, the dogs woke me up early to go out and I decided to stay up and I must say I don’t regret it even if I’m a little sleepy as I type this up. LOL

First impressions are all very positive.  I made my monk and rogue characters and logged in to start rested bonus on all of my other characters.  I’ve been playing my monk, she’s currently level 5 and a blast.  The artwork is stunning, the environment is beautiful, and it is incredibly peaceful.  A couple of tips: no guild invites until you’ve chosen a faction and no mailboxes until you’ve chosen a faction.

There has been controversy since the game launched in Europe.  Most European servers were slammed  with queues, random disconnects, log-in issues, and players swarming quest NPCs.  It appears that those issues have stabilized and are returning to status quo.  However, the biggest controversy of all is that the World First Level 90 was achieved in under four hours of the expansion going live.  However, it appears the player has had his level rolled back and the achievement taken away.  My only commentary on this is quite simple, how sad is your real life when you have to cheat at a video game for achievement points and recognition?

No comments:

Post a Comment