Social

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Guild Wars 2: Head start has begun!

gw027

Last night the madness began officially, Guild Wars 2 exited beta status.  Head start began a couple of hours early on Friday night and we logged in about 9":30 or so.  Several servers were already full and several more at heavy status.  Hubby picked Anvil Rock as our home world and off we went for character creation.

The game is currently having login issues and server connectivity issues so I cannot include the photo collage of the new characters but I will in a later post.  In general I’m happy with my character names.  I only reused one from Guild Wars but it wasn’t from a currently existing character.  The rest of the names are all unique to this game, even if they were inspired from other characters in other games.  However, I’m bummed that my name of choice is disallowed in so many games.  Pippa is apparently a bad word somewhere.

I did not play much last night.  I’m much slower at character creation than hubby, which holds true for every game.  He got a decent amount of play time last night.  I imagine once the servers come back up we will fire up the game and enjoy ourselves immensely.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment